Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Vitruvian Theo


The Vitruvian Theo

I had originally merely called this "Theo da Vinci" (potentially problematic nomenclature should I ever want to make a Theo based on Vincent Van Gogh and avoid fundamentalist-Muslim wrath), but I decided to go ahead and actually check out (via Wikipedia) the actual name of the picture in order to, I suppose, seem educated. Which I've just shot to hell by fessing up. Anyway, 'vitruvian' is a fancy word, whatever it means. And this is a fancy picture, leading generations of schoolchildren to titter "you can see his pee-nis!". This is, of course, da Vinci's primary contribution to education worldwide.

Penis or no, I think Theo fits wonderfully well into this iconic photo (quality too small to appreciate, perhaps). His head is, of course, way out of proportion and his neck is, well, absent. But still, he looks happy with his four arms, four legs and dangling genitalia.

And who wouldn't be?

No comments:

Post a Comment